If you want to join a dynamic litigation practice in Southern California, then Long Beach based Carroll, Kelly, Trotter, Franzen, McBride & Peabody (CKTFM&P), established 25 years ago, is the ideal place for you.
- For lawyers with outstanding academic records, a passion for trial advocacy, and experience, CKTFM&P’s defense litigation practice offers the opportunity to develop skills and experience by working one-on-one with some of California’s most active and trial-tested attorneys. Our seasoned attorneys have an unparalleled success rate. As a result, CKTFM&P is regionally ranked Tier 1 by US News & World Report for medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Its defense litigation practice offers lawyers with outstanding academic records, experience, and a passion for trial advocacy the opportunity to develop their skills and experience by working one-on-one with some of California’s most successful trial attorneys.
Joining the team
We have high standards for new associates because each associate at CKTFM&P ultimately has the opportunity to become a partner. Our ideal candidate must:
- be responsible, hard-working, and detail-oriented;
- have a degree from a top-tier law school or class standing in the top 10% of a ranked regional law school; and
- have a passion for litigation.
Applicants with prior litigation experience are preferred, but not required.
We will invest the necessary time and resources to help develop your professional skills. In return, we expect new associates to take advantage of the many opportunities we offer to develop their legal skills and their legal practice.
CKTFM&P does not have a billable requirement. Instead, the firm’s volume of work drives each attorney’s workload. CKTFM&P maintains a high volume of work.
An associate may be elected to partner if they exhibit a strong commitment to representing the firm’s clients, pursue excellence in their own practice, strengthen and build the firm, enhance the practices of their colleagues, and improve the firm as an organization.
- a stipend for work-related cellphone use;
- employer contribution to a 401(k) plan equal to 25% of the first 6% of salary contributed by you (vesting schedule applies);
- open enrollment is in June and December;
- employee-funded flexible spending arrangement that permits payment with pretax dollars of certain expenses for child care, transportation, and medical expenses;
- insurance coverage for health, dental, vision, life, and disability, available 60 days after the first day of the next month;
- two weeks paid vacation to start; and
- we pay attorneys’ dues for the State Bar and the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel.
JOIN OUR TEAM
© Copyright 2018 Carroll, Kelly, Trotter, Franzen, McBride & Peabody · All Rights Reserved.